Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more…
Because we find ourselves on the brink of something we haven’t seen in four years – an anime season really packed with potentially interesting shows – I thought I should talk about what that’s going to look like around here.
While having that sort of season (at least on paper) is obviously a good thing, it does present special challenges for me. I work full-time. I have some travel planned. I have my regular Random Curiosity posts, and my sometimes columns at MAL. I do on occasion need to sleep. So when it comes to the anime season, I’m going to have to make some concessions to reality. What does that look like?
- First Impressions posts: These are going to be, on the whole, short and sweet (and sometimes digest posts). The premieres are about to start sweeping in like a tidal wave and there will be no other way to keep my head above water.
- If I watch a premiere that outright leaves me flat, I may not write a First Impressions post even if it was in the Season Preview.
- The cut-off to make the regular blogging rotation (if the season turns out to be as deep as it looks) is going to be extremely high. Some good shows I would normally cover are not going to get covered for a full season. Simply put – there’s no way I’m going to blog 15 series or something like that. It’s a physical impossibility.
- I may rely on digest posts for the full cour more than usual (I didn’t use them at all this past season).
- There will always be exceptions. The word “exception” is derived from “exceptional” – and when I watch something exceptional, I will cover it as such.
This is, as they say, a nice problem to have – but it’s still a problem. This should be a hell of an interesting season, if an exhausting one. I hope you guys stick around and join the conversation, because it should be a fun ride. Thanks for listening.