Well, since it’s still on the “Current Series” list, I may as well…
- Definitely better than last week. Focus on Jou and B-K is a huge improvement.
- Miyano Mamoru – I can’t even… What a beautifully out-of-control performance. Best anime lunatic in ages.
- While we wait for the much longed-for battle between Chrollo and Hisoka (that may never happen), this ep of Gatchaman at least offers a small taste of what it might be like.
- Just how crazy is O.D.’s power if Paiman won’t even let him unleash it knowing that Berg-Katze is kicking everyone’s ass? And how crazy is Berg’s if even O.D. couldn’t finish him?
- I was all set to rally behind Pai-Pai going all GAR, but that was one of the most hilarious displays of spectacular cowardice ever. “Leader” my ass.
- Hajime still not working for me. She definitely comes off as alien in this ep, which is at least interesting – and would at least explain why she’s so unrelatable as a character. But we’ve been given no insight into her character and why she does what she does (and why she’s always two steps ahead of everyone else without putting in any effort).
- I just don’t see any reason why I should care about Hajime, because I don’t think we’ve been given any. From a character standpoint, this is a very sloppily written show – some characters have real arcs (mostly the minor ones) and some are complete ciphers.
- Visually, this was certainly the best episode in a while, and maybe overall. It was the first time the overall presentation really looked competent.
- On the whole, this was enough to give me some hope that the show might finally be coalescing from a mess of intermittently interesting elements into a cohesive whole that’s worthy of the premise. But there’s still a long way to go.