Not even Gankutsuou is a match for Swagamoto.
The universe of Sakamoto desu ga? continues to expand, with new characters being drawn into his orbit as if by Sakamoto-kun’s massive gravitational pull. And when you add Nakata Jouji to the cast, you know you’re punching in the heavyweight class. Nakata plays Kakuta, the gym (and health sciences – natch) teacher who sees it as his mission to bring the unflappable Sakamoto down a few pegs (in the tradition of great gym teachers since time immemorial). A few of this week’s highlights:
- Sakamoto blowing bubbles so extreme he can float away in one. Don’t shut yourself off, Sakamoto-kun!
- Sakamoto getting himself in trouble (in coolest fashion, of course) just so he can help a starving sparrow. Even Kakuta-sensei’s ire melts a little at that.
- Lest you think any creature too humble for Sakamoto’s limitless Buddha-like compassion, even a slug in the lettuce ends up with a spa day and a trip to freedom. You didn’t think he’d actually kill the thing, did you?
- “CooKing Boy”
- The orangutan/angel portrait. Eye of the beholder, indeed – and which was her “inner face”?
- I wonder if recent tragic events in Japan made that “Don’t try this at home” disclaimer necessary?
- Herding fish. For Sakamoto, all is possible.
- The whole “tunnel to Brazil” thing – but especially Acchan’s idea of a Brazilian paradise was. Girls, soccer and coffee – carnivale!
- As for an onsen in the schoolyard, that seems more likely at Tanaka-kun’s school…