Who knew it was so creepy when goldfish smile?
Thus might just have been my favorite episode of Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! yet, at least in terms of consistent laughs:
- Is saying someone is “air” really a compliment?
- Rigor mortis
- Great villain this time, and a great comic performance by Midorikawa Hikaru as Makuwa Uriya. He’s funny even before
Cupid’sZundar’s arrow strikes him – the king of self-analysis and circular thinking. Things only get wilder when he’s turned into a melon-head – though I confess, I don’t quite get the joke there (but it works anyway).
- My first reaction to his “melon riddles” challenge was, why not just use Google-sensei? So of course, that’s exactly what the battle lovers did.
- Yamato’s rapt reaction as Ryuu solved the riddles – and even better, Yufuin’s imitation of it.
- Kinosaki shows up again – and he and his photographer wear wetsuits in the bath. That’s not allowed!
- Why, exactly, does Kinosaki use an abacus? And why do the lovers know how to read it?
- Yamato is way too innocent to play the Yamanote Line game…
- Ryuu’s ambition? I’m gonna be “Hugh Hefner!”
Do we actually have plot progression? Zundar seems to think this ridiculous plan was not as abjectly a failure as the others – it “had a little effect”, he says, though Adamas seems not to see it. Me neither. And next week, finally, it looks like a Gerou-neechan episode.