I miss Gero-san…
It’s a bit of crazy week for me so some of the posts are going to be a bit short, including this one. Sorry about that…
- I’d judge this to be the most “serious” episode of Binan Kouko so far. It certainly dealt with the most serious problem (Hikikomori Syndrome) for the monster of the week, and that leant things a bit more of a weighty air.
- This week’s guest seiyuu was Matsuoka Yoshitsugu as Koumi Shou, the aforementioned hikikomori. He lives above a konbini and… Well, you know what he does – he’s a hikikomori. As such he obviously makes a perfect subject for the sort of shenanigans Zundar gets up to, but given his situation this time feels quite cruel, really.
- We got a focus on En-chan and Atsushi this time, and I guess it was their turn. I hadn’t really noticed that they were especially best buds (like, say, Ryuu and Io) but their split was pretty dramatic once En-chan fell under Koumi’s spell.
- The choice of a killer kotatsu as the monster? Wholly appropriate.
- It really seems as if it’s time for the master plot to kick on, but there were no signs of it this week. Next week’s seemingly Arima-centric episode may signal that’s about to change. At the very least it’s not a bad thing for the non-Kinshirou members of the Student Council to get some love.