The weightier stuff can be a little up and down, but there’s no doubt in my mind that when Bingoumai Ga goes all-out for humor, it stacks up with any show this season. Bobby and Moumou singing their “Oppai” song in the pre-open was a pretty good tip-off of where things were headed, but who knew that would actually be the most highbrow moment of the episode? If you’re going to do the obligatory fanservice episode, may as well come right out and call it a fanservice episode and have fun with it to boot. Throw a string of coincidences together to get everyone to the sento at one, and fun and service are sure to follow – comedically, I don’t think this ep put a foot wrong – it was anywhere from amusing to hilarious for its entire length.
Some highlights for me included:
- The “washboard” exchange between Keita’s sisters
- Momiji telling Tittyko now to show off her “openings” quite so literally
- The “viewers’ comments” about Rindou’s masculinity
- Ryuuta asking Keita “Why are you slouching?”
- Loli breast-fondling for 5000 yen
- The way the tile strategically broke after Keita unleashed his pent-up frustration (is that Pi thing some kind of Japanese custom to distract yourself from dirty thoughts? It was used in R-15 too)
There was a little light plotting here, though we also apparently got the setup for the season-concluding two-parter as well. Keita certainly revealed himself to be a pure-pure boy, but if he has a preference between Rindou and Sakura he didn’t drop any clues. Their preposterously overplayed awkwardness over seeing each other naked (Tittyoko wants to crawl into a hole, and Keita is digging one) was almost sweet in an absurd way. As for Momiji, there’s apparently a pretty good reason why she hadn’t taken a bath for three years – not only does soap shrink her and water return her to full-size, but the whole experience seems to have changed her in a profound way – which is going to drive the last two episodes.