Highlights this week:
- “Where’s the panda-only car?”
- Polar Bear’s minds-eye imagery for “waiting” (scary)
- “Parhay Hair”
- Mandill Parfaits. Intense!
- Penguin-sans argument for Fish Parfaits – “Full of DHA!”
- Parfait Carnage
- Next week’s ep – in Portuguese!
Seiyuu performances are especially critical with comedy, and the main trio is a big part of why Shirokuma Café is working. I especially love Sakurai Takahiro’s work here, as in the delivery of the above lines. I confess, when I saw “Rin-Rin” in the cast list I just assumed it would be a female panda – but no, in this show it’s a florist (Kawashima Tokuyoshi) who’s almost as big a panda otaku as, well – Panda. And then there’s Mandrill-san – just what the hell is a mandrill parfait anyway? I’m scared, but curious. Poor Sasako-san – her parfait designs were genius, but unfortunately in very poor taste as it turns out.